Humans are sexual creatures by nature, you need to explore your sexuality as a woman. A fulfilling sexual relationship can enhance your self-esteem, as well as make you feel more beautiful and loved. It will also make your relationship stronger.
There are some major benefits you can receive from sex, besides the orgasm:
- Orgasms work as natural pain relief.
- It can stabilize your menstrual cycle.
- You can burn more calories, 85 calories or more per half hour session, more if you’re on top, that can add up real quick!
- It improves your cardiovascular health, it can reduce your risk of heart attack.
- Works as stress relief by lowering blood pressure.
- You will strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Sex increases a woman’s youthful appearance.
- And it will heighten your bodies production of germ-fighting antibodies and your immunity.
- It boosts your self-esteem.
- Improves your intimacy with your partner by building your bond and your trust.
- It can help you sleep better.
- For the men, by ejaculating 5 or more times per week you will lower your risk for prostate cancer.
Besides your personal benefits there are a lot of relationship benefits you will get, as sex will affect all areas of your relationship.
It creates positive reinforcement in the relationship by allowing you to spend time with your partner, allowing you to be intimate and close. You are sharing something you aren’t sharing with anyone else in the world.
Intimacy and sex are two different things.
Intimacy is usually more important to women, than to men, but it is essential that the relationship has both intimacy and sex. Intimacy are the things you do other than sex; kissing, cuddling, hugging, touching and even talking to each other.
Make Time For Sex
Regardless of how little time you think you have for this, it is essential to make time for sex and intimacy. It will bring you closer together and strengthen the relationship.
There may be times when life is tough and gets in the way and things are getting out of control. But remember you have a partner for a reason, you need to help each other relax and feel special to one another.
If you don’t make time together it will negatively impact your relationship.
Never put sex as a last priority. It is easy to get into the habit of not having sex, going to bed and not even thinking about it.
It may not seem like a big deal, but you don’t want to turn your lover into your roommate. One key would be to never go to bed angry with each other. And one way to help dissolve anger or tension from the day is to make love.
Exploring In A Monogamous Relationship
One of the wonderful things about having a monogamous relationship with someone you truely love is the exploration you can do. You get to learn what really turn you on and what you find sexually gratifying. Start having great sex today, learn what you like with your partner!
Sometimes a low sex drive is a result of medical reasons. It can be from weight gain, depression, fatigue, stress, lack of sleep, medications or specific medical illnesses.
If you have the opportunity to fix any of these things, do so! You will feel better about yourself, your life and you will be able to enjoy life more fully. This will allow you to regain your sex drive and enjoy your relationship with your partner once again.
So you’ve just had sex, it was wonderful, you feel connected to your mate. Then he rolls over and goes to sleep. Does that sound familiar?
Odds are it’s happened to you at least once. And hey it happens to women to, where they just roll over and go to sleep.
What you wanted was an emotional connection, almost all women want that.
This happens because one of the partners is very tired while the other is more energized. Honestly if someone falls asleep afterwards I wouldn’t take it as an insult. You probably wore them out and they enjoyed themselves. Sometimes though when this happens it brews feelings of resentment.
We like to feel that personal connection. We want to know that it meant more then just sex to our partner. Which is why cuddling or after play is so important to them. No one wants to feel used.
What is After Play?
After Play for women is an emotional connection. We have just shared something wonderful and want to continue that feeling. We want to talk about our feelings! And the men run out of the room when I say that.
But after play doesn’t have to be about our feelings, it’s really just about feeling connected to the person we love. There are all kinds of things that can open this connection and it doesn’t have to be about our feelings exclusively.
- Talk about our day.
- Talk about our kids, after all they are a product of that love.
- Give a massage, my fav!
- Take a soothing bath together.
- Shower together.
- Read a smutty novel to each other.
- Read the newspaper and talk about current events.
- Plan a fun event, a night out or a holiday.
- Exercise together.
There are lots of things we can do with our spouse to spend more quality time with them and get the connection we need after sex.
How Do You Get After Play?
The most obvious and easiest way to get after play is to tell your partner what you want. Explain to them how you feel and what you need to be completely sexually satisfied.
Some men know about a woman’s needs and they just do this, but some men don’t, usually because they don’t understand it. To them the sex was intimate, what more do you want? But us ladies want to take it a step further.
Suppose you don’t feel comfortable voicing your need to your partner. Although if you’re with this person I hope you feel comfortable enough to do so. Or maybe you’ve told him and he just didn’t quite get it. Now what?
There are easy, subtle things you can do to encourage this behavior.
- Engage him in conversation.
- Snuggle up to him by having your head on his chest and his arm around you.
- Sit on top of him, so he has a nice view and you can have some face to face time.
- Have sex in the morning or afternoon, he might be less tired.
- Have a dessert already prepared, that way he has to enjoy it with you and he probably won’t fall asleep face first in it.
I would avoid talking about the intimacy and the sex, a lot of men just don’t express their feelings like that. If he’s ok with it then go right ahead. But a lot of guys might tune out and stop paying attention.
I’m not saying that behavior is ok, but we can’t change men so you have to work with what you have. There is a time and place to talk about the intimacy and it usually isn’t after sex. Although that would be prime time for women to talk about it.